Friday, June 22, 2007

3rd post

Hmm. Well that last 2 days I've played a lot of soccer. Well ok, mostly yesterday and the day before. Today we went to European side of Istanbul, and I saw some cool stuff. The mom who I'm staying with (Nilgün) was like, "This is an old part of Istanbul." We passed some aqueducts. I asked her how old they were. She's like 1000 years old. Then we drove past a mosque, and she's like yeah, that's from 1202. It was pretty cool.

Mall security is tight here. Cars have to be check for bombs before entering the parking lot, and then you have to go through a metal detector before you enter the mall. And I thought thinks were intense in the U.S.

One thing that is weird here is gas prices. It's like $2ish per liter. We pay slightly more than that, but it's per gallon. It's weird that a place so close to the middle east, and I think a country with pretty good relations would have gas prices that high. But I guess that's because American gas companies kind of took over those countries, etc. but nm about that I'm too tired to go into all that right now. But basically gas prices are over double the price that the U.S. has, and we're complaining.

I'm slowly learning a little bit more turkish. The nice is that Turkish words are fairly easy to read. In fact I'm starting to read words they way that they'd be read in Turkish naturally now, instead of in English first.

I've taken I think over 300 pics since I've been here. I definitely need to put more up. Sorry this blog was pretty boring, and not very long, but we have to get up early tomorrow, and it's getting late here.

No comments: