Monday, June 18, 2007

Post #2

I come up with the best titles I know. Well I'm still alive, and getting slightly better at typing on a Tukish keyboard. Today I went to an exhibit that had miniature model of famous buildings in Turkey. It was pretty cool.

Turkey seems to have an obsessit with the theme music to the Godfather. I've heard it on commercials, cellphones, etc. (insert past tense form of jtlyk).

Oh yeah, another thing I did today was go inside this rather large mosque. It was very interesting, and a new experience for me. I'd never been inside one before. I'll try to upload a picture for you guys.

That brings up another intersting point here, religion. 99.98% of Turkey is Islamic. It's interesting to see the different levels of it. Some people say they're Muslim, but do not really practice it. When walking down the street one can tell the hardcore women from the no so hardcore. The def not hardcore ones wear modern clothing. The semihardcore ones wear rather traditional clothing and veils. The hardcore harcore ones wear all black clothing with a black veils. They look extremely hot. And by hot I mean temperaturically wise.

Another interesting thing about Turkey is smoking. People will just bust out a cig inside the mall/everywhere else. Philip Morris must be making a killing here. I don't know just something kind of interesting.

I'll upload a pic on here in a bit. While you're waiting here is the link to my current pics: here.

No comments: